Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trick or Treat, Smell My... Favorite Fall Candles! A Candles by Victoria Review

Fall is by far my most favorite time of the year. I love the cool weather, the orange-y copper-like color the sunset turns when looking through all the changing leaves. Fall also has some of my all time favorite candles scents! Here are a few from the best candle company someone will ever find!

Trick Or Treat: This is a warm, very sweet smell which really does go hand-in-hand with Halloween.  Victoria mixed two scents, caramel corn and butter cream crunch, to create the candy corn fragrance. It is absolutely irresistible!

Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Bread: This candle is in my top three favorite fall scents. It is a well-balanced bakery type scent. You can smell the pumpkin and cinnamon first, then the apple with a background note of a yeast bread. The cinnamon is not overpowering but complements the pumpkin and apple very well. Victoria describes this as, "Sweet creamy pumpkin, rich cinnamon apple with a crunchy strudel base note."

Apple Jack N Peel: This is one of my husband-to-be's favorite scents to have lit! It's a deep warm apple scent with orange and cinnamon and clove. The cinnamon is more of a red hot cinnamon but I personally smell more clove before the cinnamon sets in. It reminds me of the spiced tea that my mom makes every year during fall and winter. This would be a great scent to carry into Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's everything that's wonderful in a nice soul-warming fruit scent!

Pumpkin Pie Spice: Who doesn't love the glorious blend of cinnamon, cloves, allspice... all the spices that make the pumpkin pie smell wonderful baking in the oven. This candle is no exception and is a well rounded blend of all things pumpkin pie!

Honey Spice Cake: This is also a great one to carry us into Thanksgiving and Christmas! I mostly get pumpkin and cinnamon at first, sweetened with a sweet caramel scent. The cinnamon is a red hot cinnamon again, but absolutely great balanced with the pumpkin and caramel. Victoria describes this one as, "Spicy pumpkin gingerbread with top notes of nutmeg, clove and cinnamon and bottom notes of hazelnut and caramel."

Apple Cider: If anyone asked me to name the first thing that comes to mind when I think of fall, apple cider would be my answer every time! A juicy make your mouth water apple is the first thing I smell followed by warm cinnamon and clove. "It is like driving down a country road on a brisk autumn day and coming upon an old-fashion cider mill. You are enticed by the rich aromas of ripe green and red apples, crisp, sweet and tart, all at once," is the description given on the website. Very fitting and very true!

Country Bumpkin: Can you say Thanksgiving in a candle?!?! "A wonderful complex blend of apples, candied yams, marshmallows, sweet cream butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, crushed cinnamon bark and fresh cloves. Bring the country home to you.," Victoria describes this perfectly! It's a sweet, spicy fragrance that is blended very well. I think of desert after Thanksgiving dinner.

Monster Mash:  First all, I love this name! I smell Victoria's blueberry fragrance first (which is aaaahhhhmazing), followed by a slight hint of apple and clove and a bottom note of a warm crust. Her description is, "A killer fragrance to say the least! The aroma of freshly picked blueberries, fresh cut Granny Smith apples, smothered in butter, cream and cinnamon with a background of fresh baked crust. This fragrance is to die for!" Monster Mash is a great sweet and fruity scent for fall.

Witch's Brew: Another great name with an eye catching lime green color. This scent is very familiar to me but I can't quite put my finger on it! I still haven't figured it out yet. I smell a juicy apple at first sniff,
followed by juicy pineapple and peaches with just a little hint of cinnamon and very sweet vanilla. This scent is great for fall because of the apple cider like quality but also like a breath of fresh air from all of the warm spicy fragrances. This scent is a great pick me up in the middle of the season!

Spellbound: This is slowly making it to my all time favorites list! I love everything caramel apple and this is heavy on it. It is slightly different from her straight caramel apple scent  in the sense that it is sweetened further with cotton candy. It warms my heart to smell the candle. Plus, the deep purple color is beautiful!

Pumpkin Chocolate: Two of my most favorite things ever! This candle is a 50-50 blend of pumpkin and chocolate. Sweet, chocolaty, and pumpkin! A great mix for sure.

Caramel Apple: Mentioned above in Spellbound, this scent is one of my all time favorites! Sweet caramel covering a juicy mouthwatering apple. An absolutely addicting fragrance!

Autumn Leaves: This scent left a lasting impression on me and I don't think I will ever be able to forget it. It smells of the perfect scent of leaves fallen of the trees and laying on the ground through a dewy wet morning. I took a suggestion from the message board and mixed it with apple cider. All I could think of was sitting outside on a cool fall afternoon, drinking apple cider, with a slight breeze that would carry the scent of the leaves with it. Absolutely unforgettable!

If I had to choose three must haves for fall they would, without a doubt, be caramel apple, pumpkin apple cinnamon bread, and trick or treat. And for a very different and unique create a scent, you have to try Autumn Leaves with Apple Cider.  If you're curious but not quite sure yet, buy a scent shot of the ones that interest you! At $2 a piece, you wont feel bad if you don't like a scent. For more information on Candles by Victoria please check out my first blog called The Best Candles Hands Down or visit Victoria's website, http://www.candlesbyvictoria.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment