Saturday, August 11, 2012

Candles By Victoria August Sale Review Part 1

I received this order on Friday and wanted to let them set for a little bit. It's really hot here so a lot of them smell like plastic because of the containers. I had to let them cool off instead of warm up this time! This will be done in two or three parts so the post doesn't get too long. I'll start with the ones that will probably be put to the side for another couple of months....

Christmas Scents:

Christmas Cabin- the first thing I smell is a sweeter berry smell with a middle note of cinnamon. The cinnamon isn't overpowering at all, just a sprinkle. The bottom note seems to be a citrus-y orange scent. Very nice!

Charlie Brown Christmas- I've had this one before but right now, I do get more the bread note with cinnamon and orange. The vanilla mellows out the cinnamon in this one so it's not so in your face.

Christmas Kitchen- the cinnamon is more prominent with a creamy pumpkin and slight orange note.

Christmas Lane- A sweet apple with woody and tree notes. The description says balsam, fir, and pine but it's not that pine sol smell. It's sweetened by the apples and is more reminiscent of sugared spruce than Christmas tree.The bottom note is mostly clove with just a pinch of cinnamon. A very unique take on the traditional spicy apple scent.

Christmas Memories- I smell mostly sugared spruce and cranberries. The orange is there it's just very light.

Holiday Wassail- Cider is definitely the first note but it is sweetened by pineapple. The spices are there but the citrus mellows it out nicely. May be a good choice for you if apple cider was too strong on the cinnamon and clove.

Let It Snow- It may just be my hormones but I totally teared up when I smelled this. It reminded me of the Christmas my family and I spent in Wisconsin. This will ALWAYS be in my collection! The scent description says it is eucalyptus and cinnamon on a bed of peppermint. It's a cooled down chilly type of scent with a mellow cinnamon. This one is in my top 10 for sure.

Mistletoe- I've also have had this one as well...When smelling this I picture ripe oranges and cinnamon sticks nestled into a centerpiece fir and balsam branches. Not a red hot cinnamon at all. Very purdy, and also a favorite... probably top 25.

Old Fashion Christmas- the first thing I get is pine (I wasn't a fan of Christmas Tree so this scent stuck out first) with cinnamon. I'm hoping the citrus will come out more when it has cured more and is melted.

Sweet Snow- This is a must have for my migraines. It's peppermint mellowed with vanilla. Absolutely divine and will have you wishing for snow for sure!

Warm Christmas Splendor- Another amazing peppermint scent with the addition of spices. There's also vanilla in this one so it tones down the spices so they don't overwhelm the peppermint.

Winter Snowflake- Peppermint and pine all the way. This is my all time favorite of Victoria's pine scents. I still prefer sugared spruce but this is awesome as well.

Earthy, Floral, Perfume:

Autumn Leaves- Another favorite, that truly smells like wet leaves on a crisp fall morning. Top 15 and a must have.

Camping with Candleman- I decided to get this one because campfire was discoed. I do get a slight cologne smell but it is very pleasant. I'm not sure how but I do smell something that reminds me of water of some sort. Almost like a lake surrounded by different forest trees on a dewy night.

Crackling Birch- Very different from anything else I have smelled in a candle and almost reminds me of this axe body wash my husband used to use. It has a cooling effect to me and smells what I imagine dried logs and bark would smell on an icy cold winters day.

Egyptian Musk- I have realized musks are some of my favorite scents. This is absolutely gorgeous! Kind of reminds me of a note in Sexy in Stilettos. An amazing sexy bedroom scent.

Frankincense & Myrrh- Another surprise for me. I strongly dislike anything that smells like incense... it's an instant headache. But this is an awesome mellow, slightly sweet, musky scent. It does remind me of the Renaissance Festival we have every year in the fall. If you want something unique and different for the autumn season, consider this one!

Lily of the Valley- This one is very hard for me to describe because it is such a heavy floral scent. I was hoping it would smell like the pink asiatic lilies which is my all time favorite flower. Needless to say, I haven't found that in this scent. It has a very powdery soapy smell to it and is overpowering to my nose. But if you like florals give it a go, you may love it!

Sugared Spruce- Another top 15 scent for me. The perfect balsam fir Christmas tree scent. Very sweet, with a slight sharp note to it. A must have during winter and Christmas!

Vanilla Cedar- Sweet woodiness. Since I have had hamsters gerbils in the past, it reminds me of the bedding I used to use in their cages. But don't let that deter you... It's a clean earthy scent that is sweetened by the vanilla.

Vanilla Sandalwood- Another sweet fresh scent, with a slight musky undertone. I LOVE this one as well and would probably burn this while cleaning in the fall or reading with the windows open while the sun is setting. I know, crazy but hey, I never said I made sense!

White Ginger- Holy moly! If I wasn't already pregnant I would have totally of used this to seduce my husband. The members on the message board weren't kidding.... This is a baby making machine of a scent!
This floral is absolutely perfect! Very sweet, with just the teeny tiniest bit of spice. A must have for everyone! Top favorite for sure from this order.

House Blends:

Cranberry Peppermint- Fruity sweet and tart cranberries with peppermint. Deliciousness!

Kimono Silk- An interesting fragrance that's reminiscent of Sexy in Stilettos or Cleopatra's Closet. Every time I smell it, I get a slightly different fruit smell. The rose in this is so mild it accents the fruit nicely and of course I'm loving anything that has musk in it! Another good one for the bedroom, probably in the spring and summer  months.

Star of Bethlehem- Holy moly again! Loving this take on orange and clove. A great blend I believe of Victoria's orange clove and Frankincense & Myrrh. Divine and wonderful for fall, winter, and the holidays! Another Favorite!

Under The Big Top- I will always have this in my house for my children's room especially. I would love to take a bite out of this! Smells like sweet strawberry sugar with a touch of caramel-y nuts. I'm crazy about this scent! I'm not huge on fruity type scents but WOW!!

All of the above scents were purchased in scent shot form. It's a great way to try new scents at a great price.
I did purchase one Scoop Some Scent that can be included here and it was in Cleopatra's Closet. One of the most amazing musk and feminine scents ever! This is the scent that made me realize I love musk and sweet florals. A definite must have for me! For those that do not know, Scoop Some Scent is 16 oz. of whipped wax that melts very quickly even in lower wattage warmers. It even comes with an adorable wooden scoop! Pictures will be included in part 2 with what I consider my specialty candles of this order.

I was going to include the four top shelf scent shot I got but to be honest with you, I'm not too crazy about the scents right now. I'm going to let the cure for a couple of weeks to a month and then post a review of them.

Wow that was quite a bit! I believe that's all I'm going to do for part one and I hope you guys try some of these amazing scents. The more I try, the more I fall in love with Candles By Victoria as a company. The best quality, the best customer service, and the best members ever. Please give this company a go if you haven't already. You will not be disappointed!

www.candlesbyvictoria.com (website)
www.cbvictoria.proboards.com (message board)
-also join the group cbv addicts unite on facebook! The page is up and going 24/7 and is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment